Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter down, floor cushion to go.

My weekend has gone by in a blur. I finished knitting the square for my blanket this weekend, I just have to embroider a heart on it now. I include a picture of the corner of the square - I have started the embroidery and didn't want to capture a couple of stitches that don't form anything yet.


I started reading the last Harry Potter book early this morning, around 4 or 5 in the morning! It was excellent, although I am sad to see the last of Harry. With that out of the way, I can get back to knitting. I shall start on the floor cushion today and I hope to have it completed within two to three weeks. I have no idea how long it will take to knit nine 50g balls of yarn into something useful, so I hope that is a reasonable goal.

During the knitting of my square, the first thing I have knitted since junior school, I had a question. I searched for the answer online and apparently it was such a stupid question, almost no one had thought to answer it. I did find my answer, though, so I will repeat it here. I wanted to know how to count knitted rows. Not how to keep track, but what actually constituted a row. The answer is to count the ridges on the knitting and multiply that number by two. If you stretch your knitting out a bit, you will see ridges and indented rows (these form ridges on the wrong side of the knitting). Now I know.

2 comments:

Lieke said...

I read Harry Potter as well. It was lovely, but I feel empty now I'm finished.

I love all your knitting! Looks great.

Unknown said...

I love the Harry Potter books!
One of my indulgences in life is a very cool hubby that insists on true QUALITY stereo equipment through the house....
So almost daily, I listen to some of my favorite books.
It takes about 2 weeks to knit calmly and listen to all 7 Harry Potter books, then depending on which title (s} I have hours of Stephen King also. Some of our top favs are :
Bag of Bones, Insomnia, The Stand, The Dark Tower series...

I have recently started collecting some to change over to when I have the grandkids for a bit.
The Secret Garden
(my Mother read it when she was 9 yrs old, gave me her copy when I was 9, I have continued the tradition with my girls and the grandchildren = they have new copies with the inside covers dedicated and signed)
AudioBooks - UNabridged - with fresh coffee and knitting......
What more could add to such high living! ?